WILD CUSTOM GUITARS is an artisan workshop… a team of guitar fanatics with creative mindsets… Our guitars are designed, built, and finished entirely by hand the old fashion way in our workshop.
“Each generation wants new symbols, new people, new names. They want to divorce themselves from their predecessors.”
Our Custom Shop represents our highest level of hand-made quality. A custom WILD can be anything from a personalized version of an existing WILD, or a completely new and totally unique instrument that represents the instrument of your dreams.
We want to give you everything you need to make personalizing a custom guitar fast and easy. You don’t need to be a guitar engineer to fill our order form and on the other hand experimented guitarists won’t find our pre-filled order form 100% exhaustive.
This form is the very first step of the process and we will be on your side all along the project by phone or email paying attention to every single detail. So stand back and relax, get yourself a warm coffee and let us know what you’ve got in mind – here – .
10 Reasons to trust our custom shop
- All project inquiries get a personalized and quick answer
- Premium quality wood sourcing
- Unlimited woodwork options
- Unique painting job options
- Unique relicing options
- We can set up on your guitar any piece of hardware available on the market
- We’ve got our custom hand-wired pickups but we are also working with all the main traditional pickups brands.
- Alternative or special wiring and control options available on demand
- You can bring a personal touch thanks to our custom etched plates
- Bespoke tuning and string gauge
We pay a lot of attention to source premium quality woods and we discuss tone wood selection for each project. Our goal is to be as close as possible to our customers expectations. All guitars made at the custom shop are crafted the old fashion way and all woodwork options are available on demand
- Any tone wood available on the market
- All shapes : original WILD CUSTOMS shapes, unique shapes never seen before or tribute to legendary guitars. It’s worth mentioning that we don’t do copycat! Be creative and get yourself a unique kickass guitar instead!
- Right or Left handed
- Guitar and Bass
- Any construction method : screw neck, set neck, neck through
- Solid body, chambered bodies, thinline constructions, iron top, Hollow bodies…
- Any number of strings : 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 12…
- All scales : 24’75” / 25″ / 25’5″ / Baritone
- Custom inlays
- Cut away / chamfer
- All options are available on demand
PAINTING JOB OPTIONS
Our custom shop has established its reputation for bringing new and innovative finishing to our instruments. As passionate guitarists-artisans we’re obviously open to any artistic project. Feel free to challenge us!
Beyond guitars we are sharing a passion for the vintage and we collect old cars, old motorcycles, old tools, LP’s, adverts of the 50’s & 60’s, furniture… We’ve spent a lot of time seeking stuffs in car boot sales. This background does explain the artistic direction of the brand and the vintage spirit of our guitars but all projects are more than welcome.
“Create your own visual style… let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others.”
VINTAGE & RELIC FINISH : THE ART OF AGING
Aging is a strange art and we do our best to give our guitars the vintage grandeur of instruments that have been played for years and years. We’re aging guitars part by part: body, neck, tuning machines, pickup tops, knobs, bridges…
Standard aging levels are soft, medium and hardcore relic. We obviously go as far as people are requesting. On soft and medium aging we try to reproduce the patina of age.
- Soft relic
- Medium relic
- Heavy relic
- Hardcore relic
IRON TOP CONSTRUCTION
This construction method is a variation of the traditional thinline construction. An iron plate is set on top of an half chambered body. The half chambered body gives brightness and dynamism to the instrument when the iron top brings metallic sonorities to the instrument. We can bring more bass or more brightness to the instrument using different tone wood for the body (mahogany, pine, maple, walnut, alder…) or different metal for the top (iron, brass…)
We’ve developed a broad range of finish for our iron tops :
- Raw metal
- Shining chrome
- Rusty steel plate
- All kind of finish are obviously available on request
ETCHED METAL PLATES
We always try to push the personalization and customization further. Beyond unique painting jobs, we’ve developed a range of unique etched metal plates. Whether you like an original artwork or your band’s logo, we will make sure you get an astonishing metal plate to set on your instrument and sign your project. Your design is either etched on iron or brass and can be aged on demand
WIRING AND CONTROLS
We’re obviously working with all established guitar pickup companies and can even work with artisans on demand. We pay a lot of attention to use premium quality wire, capacitors, potentiometers. Based on our experience “less is best” in terms of wiring but all inquiries are more than welcome and we will always do our best to be as close as possible to guitarist expectations.